The best off-road safari in Croatia. Discover long history and great beauty of Vrana lake.
- Info for ALL +38598854431
- Info Biograd +38598388388
Driver need to be minimum 16 years old and posses driving licence A, B or F - co-driver need to be minimum 12 years.
Deposit - Passport and 2000,00kn cash or reservation on credit cards - If you have accident you"ll pay for repair depending on the damage cost.
- 3 hour 990,00 kn - 60km of ride around Lake Vrana with a visit of Maškovića Han, hill Kamenjak and Ornithological reserve.
- Custom tours is possible to arrange, just contact us..
Vrana Lake and its surrounding areas were proclaimed a Nature Park on the 21st of July, 1999 due to its status as one of the rare intact natural habitats of water birds, as well as for its fresh water springs and immense biodiversity. The park boundaries, with a total of 57 sq km2, stretch between the city of Pirovac and Pakoštane, whereas the largest part of 30.02 km2 belongs to the lake area itself.
- The largest lake in Croatia
- The only large swamp in the Mediterranean part of Croatia alongside Lower Neretva
- Special Ornithological Reserve
- Habitat of four endangered bird species on European level
- Habitat of seven endangered bird species on national level
- The biggest nesting population of the Pygmy Cormorant (Phalacrocorax pygmeus) in Croatia
- One of the last nesting areas of the Purple Heron (Ardea purpurea), the Great White Egret (Egretta alba), the Little Egret (Egretta garzetta), the Pygmy Cormorant (Phalacorcorax pygmeus)
- Habitat for endangered species included in the Bonn Convention on Migratory Species of Wild Animals
- Hot-spot – diversity of ornithofauna (249 species,102 nesting species)
- Number of water birds spending the winter on the lake exceeds 100,000 specimens
- Rich history –dates from 2000 BC.